Thursday, April 10, 2014

spring busy-ness

Spring has sprung so we have been doing quite a bit outside. The pond in the backyard is up and going. I found 7 frogs in it when I cleaned it out. The grass is mowed. Transplanted 7 maple and 4 mulberry trees. The garden is tilled. The fruit trees & brambles are pruned & sprayed. Spring is busy, especially with the long winter.

My big project was putting electric fences around all the fruit trees to protect them from those raccoons. I buried the wires from the current fence and between each tree to make the connections.

 Speaking of ponds, I cut down a 30' tree by the big pond that had some wind damage. Managed to get it down without incurring bodily harm from the chain saw.

And almost all the seedlings germinated in the greenhouse. 30 eggplants, 15 tomatoes, 50 peppers, and 25 basil and parsley. Hope most of them will make it into the garden successfully.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment